Storm Damage Restoration Process
Storm damage can cause an immense amount of damage to your property. Heavy rains have been know to cause powerful winds and flooding which then lead to downed trees, roof damage and much more destruction to your residential or commercial property.
During storm the integrity of a building can be compromised and this can cause moisture from snow and rain to infiltrate into the protective surfaces of the room. This can result in wood swelling and moisture and mold build-up.
Post storm damage can create health and safety hazards and that is why storm damage restoration services are required to reinstate properties as soon as possible. When you home or business premises has been interrupted by water damage, you need professional help to get your property back to normal operations.
Severe storms can leave behind damaged roofs, broken glass, and other hazards. The first priority is to ensure everyone's safety following a storm. Ensure that you stay away from your property until you are certain that the power has been turned off. This is to make sure there is no threat of electrocution if flooding occurred and drowning the power lines that were close by.
Secure The Property
After the storm damage restoration team is sure that everyone is safe. Next removing any valuable possessions that are at risk of sustaining damage. Everything is done to help secure the property right away to stop further flooding. Any standing water is immediately drained to prevent mold growth which can be harmful to the health of occupants.
Renovations Work Begins
When everything is agreed upon between you and your insurance company, the restoration company is now ready to begin renovation. First, the restoration company rescues your building from greater structural issues by inspecting and replacing the damaged areas. The extent of damage on your property will determine the type of equipment that will be used. Specialized equipment will be used to remove water from the affected areas in case of flooding.
The roof is renovated and sealed while the ceiling gets restored to its former condition. Professionals use dehumidifiers and air movers to prevent mold and mildew growth. The interior is restored and brought back to its glory.
We are your Storm Damage Restoration Company, SERVPRO of East End and Hamptons are here for you. (631) 653-9595.
Why SERVPRO East End and Hamptons Mold Inspections use and Industrial Hygienists
Mold Inspections Can Require Testing and Lab Work
Visually inspecting your Southampton property for unwanted and developing damage should be a normal event that occurs regularly and always after any water leaks or other situations that cause elevated humidity. Mold multiplies at a rapid pace, easily overtaking obscure areas. When our preliminary mold inspection reveals possible mold activity, many customers request further testing. Such additional testing requires an independent industrial hygienist (IH).
After we perform a mold inspection in Southampton, SERVPRO works with and IH who provides an independent assessment for the customer. The IH can perform a detailed evaluation using additional methods to determine the mold varieties with a commercial building or a residence property. We then follow their written protocol as we remediate the structure.
Mold is not always bad or health effects, but mold and spores always exist inside your property.
When SERVPRO mold remediation specialists perform work related to the mold found in your property, we do so in a manner that protects everything from further destruction. We might offer to store items in our warehouse to prevent contamination. Our air scrubbers work quickly and keep up with any debris thrown into the air as we perform abrasive cleaning, and controlled demolition of mold-destroyed areas.
After removing damaged materials, we always work with the customer on rebuilding the damaged areas using the most economical ways.
Before we finish, we do everything to bring it all back to the same condition as before, "Like it never even happened".
Call SERVPRO of East End and Hamptons at (631)-653-9595
for mold inspection and remediation of your property.
Signs of Water Damage
Our Bridgehampton homeowners state that it is important to have a home inspection before moving in to their home. But many of us neglect to investigate homes with prior water damage.
For homeowners they never want to be faced with a water damage to their property. Hiring the right restoration company is key. A company that is trained in water restoration, proper protocol and procedures.
Some signs you can look for to spot water damage early on.
*Changes in floors, walls and ceilings.
*Small drips and leaks left unattended can create substantial damage.
*A surge increase bill cost is usually an indication something is not right. If you can not find the source, always best to contact a plumber to help find the source.
Always treat a water damage seriously. Call in a professional like SERVPRO of East End and Hamptons, we are always here to help.
Do not hesitate to call SERVPRO East End and Hamptons (631)653-9595.
Servicing all of the East End and both forks.
How Can Sag Harbor Businesses Protect Equipment and Documents during Commercial Water Removal?
SERVPRO Professionals Extract Water from Business Properties
When a Sag Harbor business has an issue that needs the assistance of water cleanup professionals, the property owner often has many questions. Including how to keep the business functioning during the restoration services.
One of the biggest issues for a Sag Harbor business needing water removal is what will happen to the computers and important documents. SERVPRO work one-on-one with business owners, so each phase of the restoration service is communicated and understood. The technicians quickly determine what items can remain on-site and what articles need to be removed.
What About Wet Documents?
Although many businesses use cloud storage so information can be accessed anywhere, there are also documents stored on-site that are vital. Different methods can be used to dry and salvage documents.
When computer equipment of any type has come into contact with water or is exposed to high moisture conditions, SERVPRO recommends that and outside industry specialist inspect the devices before they are used again. The equipment should not ever be plugged in and tested due to the danger of permanent damage or electrical shock.
SERVPRO of East End and Hamptons 631-653-9595 support our local business with commercial water damage.
Water Removal to Avoid Mold Growth in East Hampton
Need Water Removal Services in East Hampton - Call SERVPRO of East End and Hampton
Many consumers hesitate to arrange for water removal after a leak in East Hampton. They feel that the water will evaporate on its own, and their flooring materials and walls will dry naturally. They may not realize that mold infestations can begin to form after a short period, often in 24 hours or less.
SERVPRO can help you with water removal and mold removal in East Hampton if water clean-up has been delayed. The best approach is to immediately remove all excess water from flooring materials, walls and cavities. We add dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the structure and contents thoroughly.
If mold is suspected, our technicians will utilize personal protection equipment for their protection.
Mold infestations can cause health effects, especially for the very young, the elderly with respiratory problems immune deficiencies, and those sensitive to chemicals such as disinfectants used to treat and remove mold.
Call SERVPRO of East End and Hamptons for water removal in East Hampton. We can help.
Holiday fire Hazards
Colorful lights, burning candles, and festive decorations are just a few of the items bring charm and cheer to the holiday season--however, if they are not used carefully, your holidays may go from festive to frightening. The American Red Cross offers the following safety tips to help greatly reduce the fire risk in your home or business this holiday season:
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Make sure light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords, and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or before going to bed.
- Use only sturdy three stands designed to not tip over. Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees. Keep anything that can catch on fire--like pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, towels, or curtains--away from your stove top.
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guests leave.
Levels of Fire Damage
Fire damage is a multi-step process that minimizes the extent of a fire loss and ultimately saves the Homeowner money through restoration vs. replacement.
Three Levels of Damage:
- Minor- Smoke residues affect only certain rooms or areas. The amount of smoke residues is light to moderate. Restoration may involve dry cleaning and/or wet cleaning of ceilings, walls, floors and contents. Few areas need to be repainted and only minor items require replacement.
- Medium-Smoke residue is moderate, and more materials require wet cleaning to remove residues. The number of areas requiring repainting and items requiring replacement increase. Floors may need to be refinished. Heat damage to drywall, cabinets, and contents requires more materials to be replaced. Contents might be cleaned at the jobsite. Smoke odors are noticeable, possibly requiring additional deodorization procedures after cleaning.
- Major-Structural framing and finishes may be charred, requiring structural repairs. Smoke residues are distributed through a large portion of the building, and strong smoke odors. Emergency services are needed, such as Board-up, establishing a source of electricity, winterizing the building in cold weather and removing smoke-filled and charred debris. Restoration will involve extensive cleaning of the structure and probably require restorers to pack and move out all salvageable contents for off-site cleaning. Multiple methods of deodorization are needed to remove smoke odors.
SERVPRO Helps Southampton Homeowners with Water Damage
The problem with water is that it gets everywhere. If you have ever dropped a glass of water or had a faucet overflow, you know that everything around it is saturated within moments.
When you are dealing with water damage in your Southampton home, it is essential to be aware of potential damage inside walls. Depending on the nature of the water damage incident, the inside of walls can become damp.
SERVPRO has several ways to help with moisture inside walls:
We use monitoring equipment such as moisture meters, probes, and infrared imaging to examine walls and track moisture.
We can oversee the removal and replacement of drywall and insulation.
We can use structural cavity drying equipment to direct airflow inside cavities and increase the rate of evaporation.
Structural cavity drying equipment is also helpful for drying under or behind cabinets.
When we are finished drying out the area, we deodorize with foggers, pellets, or generators, to leave you home smelling good.
Drying inside walls is vital for preventing structural damage and mold growth. Do not delay; call SERVPRO of East End and Hamptons at 631-653-9595.
When Your Hampton Bays Home has Water Damage, Call SERVPRO of the East End!
SERVPRO of the East End and Hamptons is available 24/7 for emergency water damage restoration. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is critical to limiting repair costs and mitigating further property loss. A delay of any length can greatly increase the severity of the damage.
We ALWAYS Answer the Phone Ready to Help! Call Today - (631) 653-9595
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, vulnerable, and in distress. You need a trusted water damage restoration professional to guide you through this crisis.
SERVPRO of the East End and Hamptons has the necessary water damage training and experience to help you these catastrophes. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your property damage. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals we will need to quickly restore your property.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage take place?
- Is the cause of the water damage known?
- Is there electricity available on-site?
Have you recently experienced water damage from a plumbing issue, storm or flood? Call SERVPRO of The East End and Hamptons at 631-653-9595 to schedule an inspection and restore your property like it never even happened.
Here are some flood safety tips from the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross provides you with these flood safety tips:
According to the American Red Cross (ARC), floods cause more damage in the U.S. every year than any other weather-related catastrophe.
- Stay clear of floodwaters. If you come across a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, STOP. Turn around and go a different way. Just six inches of fast-moving water can sweep you off your feet.
- If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go a different way.
- If you're caught on a flooded road and waters are rising rapidly around you, get out of the vehicle quickly and move to higher ground. Most vehicles can be swept away by less than two feet of flowing water.
- Keep children out of floodwaters. Children are curious and often lack judgment about fast moving floodwater or contaminated floodwater.
- Keep your pets' safety in mind as well by keeping them out of the way of flood water, too.
If your property is flooding, call SERVPRO of the East End at (631) 653-9595 for immediate flood damage mitigation.