Five More Major Reasons Your Ducts Should be Cleaned
In addition to the usual reasons for having your air ducts cleaned on a regular basis, following are five more reasons you would want to schedule this service:
- Renovation:If your home has been remodeled – especially if a remodel included asbestos abatement, lead paint removal, or significant dust – your ductwork should be cleaned following the remodel. Ducts should be sealed off during home renovations. If they haven’t been sealed, dangerous dust and debris will quickly become lodged inside the ductwork.
- Animals: If there is clear evidence of animal infestation or nesting in your ducts or HVAC system, have the animals removed then clean the ductwork and HVAC unit.
- Mold: If there is visible mold growth inside your ductwork, the mold should be mitigated and followed by a thorough cleaning of the ductwork and HVAC system.
- Contaminants: If noticeable debris, pet hair, odors, or other contaminants are being released into the room through the ducts after the registers have been cleaned and vacuumed; then the ducts may need to be cleaned.
- Illness: If someone in your family is suffering from an unexplained allergy-related illness, and you’ve taken every other possible step to decontaminate your home, you may want to consider having your ducts cleaned to see if the HVAC system was the culprit.
At SERVPRO of The East End, we have been cleaning air ducts for residential and commercial properties for over 40 years. Our team of professionals are IICRC trained and certified and we have state-of-the-art machinery to get the job done quickly and efficiently so you can get back to the business of your life. it is just one of many services we provide to keep you and your family safe.
Call SERVPRO of The East End at 631-653-9595 with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to working with you!